У нас вы можете посмотреть бесплатно cinematic view of sunshine house and st' George's church. или скачать в максимальном доступном качестве, видео которое было загружено на ютуб. Для загрузки выберите вариант из формы ниже:
Если кнопки скачивания не
загрузились
НАЖМИТЕ ЗДЕСЬ или обновите страницу
Если возникают проблемы со скачиванием видео, пожалуйста напишите в поддержку по адресу внизу
страницы.
Спасибо за использование сервиса ClipSaver.ru
In the 1920s and 30s, many of Dublin’s children were living in dark, squalid and overcrowded tenements – infant and child mortality was very high. In 1928, a dedicated group of individuals from the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul decided that providing holidays away from the city would give some of these children a short, but vital time, to play and be children, away from their worries at home. The Sunshine Fund was born. Kilcullen, Co. Kildare was the initial venue for a series of weekend picnics, followed soon after by day trips to Gormanston Strand, Co. Meath for thousands of children. This was just the beginning. In 1935, the Sunshine Fund’s first fundraising campaign began with the launch of the “Advocate” newspaper and its associated church gate collections. It raised £300, which was enough to begin the purchase and renovation of the 18th-century home, Rochfort House, in Balbriggan, North Co. Dublin. This was renamed Sunshine House, a name soon to become familiar to generations of Dublin’s children. While waiting for the Sunshine House to be renovated, the Sunshine Fund hosted its very first week-long holiday in a disused wing of Loughlinstown Hospital, south Dublin. This was quite an experience for the boys who had the first holiday of their lives with us. Each subsequent decade has brought fresh challenges to families living in Dublin: Tuberculosis, World War II, drug addiction, mass unemployment in the 1980s, right up to the terrible distress faced by families due to our current economic situation. However, the Sunshine Fund has continued to organise week long seaside breaks for boys and girls living in disadvantaged areas of Dublin and surrounding counties. Children who might otherwise never get a holiday. Over the years generous benefactors have helped us to constantly upgrade the Sunshine House facilities, to ensure we can continue to deliver the best holidays possible: 1951 – added new dormitory wing 1972 – installed indoor play-centre 1990s – upgraded sports hall 2003 – carried out extensive play-centre refurbishments 2010 – installed new playground equipment, opened by President Mary McAleese Since 1928, each decade has presented a different issue affecting struggling families and today homelessness is a major issue for families and a short holiday break is a huge help to families trying to get back on their feet. For over 85 years the issues affecting these families can change, but the only constant for a large amount of families has been The Sunshine Fund. We will continue to support these children and their families, one week away with full positive adult interaction can make a major impact in these children’s lives. In 2020, we celebrates 85 years of holidays with the Sunshine Fund. Over 100,000 young people have passed through our doors since we opened. Last year, nearly 1000 young people had the holiday of a lifetime with us. Detached early Gothic Revival Church of Ireland church, built 1813, on a T-shaped plan comprising of three-bay nave transversed at third bay by single-bay transepts to east. Two-stage square plan buttressed entrance clock tower with octagonal spire to west. In 1833 the church burnt and later rebuilt. Architects: William Welland; W. Gillespie added gallery & staircase. ROOF: Double pitched slate nave roof with clay ridge tiles; octagonal broch spire to tower; two subsidiary lean-to slate and limestone roofs and a felt covered flat roof, cast-iron rainwater goods. WALLS: Limestone plinth with coursed rubble limestone walls with dressed limestone quoins; rendered ruled and lined to east elevation & north transept; ashlar limestone buttressed tower with rendered crenellated parapet with crocketed sandstone finials with carved animal heads at the base sandstone octagonal spire. OPENINGS: Pointed arch windows with limestone hood mouldings; canted reveals & cills surrounding perpendicular Gothic cusped limestone tracery with leaded & stained glass pointed arch door opening with limestone hood moulding; voussoirs & a studded tongue & grooved timber doorleaf. INTERIOR: Exposed timber king post roof structure; comprising perpendicular tracery panels; cast-iron clustered columnettes support timber framed gallery above pointed arch entrance; access via tower with sandstone flagged floor & timber stairs with risers; nave & transepts with panelled wainscotting below cill level; clustered colonnettes flank each window opening; painted flagstone flooring with polychrome Gothic detailed tiles before raised altar. Music: Lose My Mind Musician: ASHUTOSH URL: / grandakt Music: Feel like that Musician: Nordgroove URL: https://icons8.com/music